When it comes to furnishing a small apartment or home, finding multi-functional pieces of furniture becomes a necessity. Small space dining tables with storage offer both a place to eat and a space to store dishes, tableware, and other essentials. They come in a variety of styles, materials, and sizes, making it easy to find one that will work for your space.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing a small space dining table with storage:
- Consider size: When choosing a small space dining table with storage, make sure the table is appropriately sized for the room it will be placed in. Measure the space where the table will be located, and then measure the table itself to ensure it will fit.
- Evaluate storage capacity: Consider how much storage space you need, and then choose a table with a suitable number of drawers or shelves to accommodate your belongings. Look for storage features like built-in shelves, cabinets, or drawers that can help maximize floor space.
- Choose the right material: Most small space dining tables with storage come in a range of materials, including wood, metal, glass, and plastic. Consider the overall design of your space, and pick a table that complements the style and color scheme.
- Determine functionality: Decide how you’ll use the table, whether it’s for eating, working, or both. If you plan to eat on the table, make sure it is high enough and comfortable to sit at. If you need a workspace, look for a table with a flat surface and enough storage for your office supplies.
- Look for versatility: Small space dining tables with storage can serve multiple functions. Some models include drop leafs or foldable components that allow the table to be used in different ways.
Here are a few small space dining tables with storage that you might consider:
- The Belmont Kitchen Island from Crate & Barrel features two drawers and two shelves, making it a great choice for smaller kitchens.
- The Walcott Industrial Style Dining Table from Urban Outfitters has a metal frame and a wooden top that doubles as a storage unit, perfect for small apartments.
- The Collapsible Dining Table with Storage from West Elm has a compact design and can be folded down when not in use. It also features a built-in cabinet for storing tableware and linens.
- The Winsome Wood Suzanne Dining Table from Amazon features a drop leaf table and a shelf for storage. This table is perfect for those tight spaces and can be expanded when needed.
- The Trudell Round Extendable Dining Table from Ashley Furniture features a removable leaf that allows for the table to be expanded or retracted to fit the size of your room. It also has a built-in cabinet to store essentials.
Small space dining tables with storage can be both practical and stylish. With the right size, material, and design, they can accommodate your needs while still saving space.
A few tips for designing a kitchen space in a small apartment or home
Designing a kitchen in a small apartment or home can be challenging, but with the right approach, it can still be functional and beautiful. Here are some tips for designing a kitchen space in a small apartment or home:
- Evaluate your needs: Consider how you use your kitchen and what you need in terms of storage, appliances, and work surfaces.
- Maximize storage: Storage is key in a small kitchen. Look for ways to add storage space, such as cabinets that extend to the ceiling or pull-out shelves that utilize awkward corners.
- Optimize work surfaces: Consider investing in multi-functional kitchen equipment like a compact oven that can also be used as a microwave or a dishwasher that doubles as a work surface.
- Choose the right appliances: In a small kitchen, every appliance needs to be carefully chosen for its size and usefulness. Consider slimline models or appliances that can be stored away when not in use.
- Keep it simple: The overall design of a small kitchen should be simple and uncluttered. Choose a neutral color palette and avoid too many patterns or decorative items that can create visual confusion.
- Use vertical space: Consider adding open shelving above your cabinets and use hooks for hanging pots and pans.
- Lighting is crucial: Proper lighting is crucial for any size kitchen, but especially in a smaller space. Consider using under-cabinet lighting or adding pendant lights to give the kitchen an open and spacious feel.
- Add a kitchen island: A kitchen island that doubles as a work surface and storage unit can be a great addition to a small kitchen. Look for an island that’s on wheels and can easily be moved around.
- Consider the layout: The layout of a small kitchen is crucial in making the most of the space. Consider a galley kitchen with cabinets on either side or a U-shaped layout for maximum efficiency.
By following these tips, you can design a small kitchen space that is both functional and beautiful. Remember to keep things simple, maximize storage, and choose multi-functional appliances and you’ll have a great kitchen space in no time.